Central Adjudication Unit
The Department has developed fact finding questionnaires for claimants and employers to expedite the telephone interview with the Central Adjudication Unit. Questionnaires are broken into several categories based on topic. Your adjudication appointment letter may indicate the circumstances that apply to the issue being addressed.
Please complete and return the questionnaire that best fits your situation. You may email the questionnaire as an attachment to DLT.CAUinterview@dlt.ri.gov or fax to 401-462-8318 within 48 hours before the date of your telephone interview or as soon as possible.
- Click on the applicable form listed below to open it.
- Save the pdf to your computer/devise:
- In Google Chrome, click the Save icon, or
- In Firefox, click the menu icon, then the Save Page icon, or
- In Internet Explorer, click File, then Save As to save the pdf.
- Once the pdf file is saved, fill out ALL fields;
- Send the filled out document:
- Print the filled-out pdf, sign it and fax it to 401-462-8318, or
- Save the file again, attach it to an email and email it to DLT.CAUinterview@dlt.ri.gov.
- Click New Email in MS Outlook; type DLT.CAUinterview@dlt.ri.gov in the TO line,
- Type the date of your telephone interview appointment in the subject line of the email,
- Click Attach File (the paper clip) on the main menu,
- Go to the place on your computer where you saved the filled pdf and click Insert
- Once the pdf file is attached, click Send.
For instructions on how to attach a file using Outlook, click here.
For instructions on how to attach a file using Yahoo Mail, click here.
For instructions on how to attach a file using Hot Mail, click here.
Please do not write any information in the body of your email, as the questionnaire will be the only information considered when making a determination on the case.
Any additional information provided in the body of your email will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
If you do not wish to provide a statement, please complete the “Decline to Provide a Statement” form listed below. Please note if you decline to provide a statement, the Department will render a decision based only upon the facts present at the time the determination is made and the department will not contact you for a statement.
If you have already received a decision from the Central Adjudication Unit and would like to appeal your decision online, please click here.
Click the category below that best fits the issue being addressed to access the questionnaires on that topic:
- Availability / Refused Referral (for claimants only)
- Discharged / Fired / Suspended
- Refusal of Work
- School Employees (for employers only)
- Voluntary Quit
- Decline to provide a statement