UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE, Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training with DLT logo and state seal

Home Unemployment/TDI Workforce Development Governor's Workforce Board Regulation & Safety Workers' Comp Labor Market Information


File a Claim

Lost your job?

File a claim for Unemployment Insurance

Unemployment Insurance (UI) provides temporary income to individuals who are currently unemployed.

You must file a claim for UI benefits yourself. No other organization can file for benefits on your behalf.

Out of work due to a medical condition or taking care of a sick family member?

File a claim for Temporary Disability/Caregiver Insurance

Temporary Disability Insurance (TDI) provides benefit payments to insured RI workers for weeks of unemployment caused by their illness or injury. Temporary Caregiver Insurance provides benefits to care for a seriously ill family member or to bond with a child (available during the first 12 months of parenting only)


















If you have been injured on the job, please visit Workers' Compensation

If you have exhausted your benefits, visit the external resources web page.



Labor Market Info | Temporary Disability/Caregiver | Unemployment | Workers' Comp | Workforce Development | Workforce Regulation Safety

RI.gov | R.I. Government Agencies | Privacy Policy |
Rhode Island State Seal An Official Rhode Island State website.

DLT is an equal opportunity employer/program - auxiliary aids and services available upon request. TTY via RI Relay: 711