You must use Teleserve to create a confidential Personal Identification Number (PIN), listen to or read the Unemployment Insurance Benefit Rights, establish a Waiting Period Credit, and certify for Payments each week you are requesting benefits.
You may complete all three steps of Teleserve requirements online or by phone.
- Establish your confidential four digit Personal Identification
Number (PIN). To select your PIN you will need the following:
- Social Security Number
- Two-digit Benefit Year Ending (BYE) code indicated at the top right of your Teleserve brochure
- Listen to or read the Unemployment Insurance Benefit Rights.
- Before you can certify for weekly benefit payments on a new claim, you must first serve a seven-day waiting period. Once you establish a waiting period credit, you may begin certifying for weekly payments.
- You must continue to certify for payments each week you are requesting benefits. Failure to certify each week may result in a denial of benefits.
You must follow the instructions above even if your claim is in pending status or if you are denied benefits and are appealing your decision. Your weekly certifications will be held in pending status until a determination on your claim has been made. Failure to establish a waiting period credit or certify for payments each week that your claim is pending may result in a denial of benefits.
Please note you cannot use the automated Teleserve system to file a claim for benefits or to reopen an existing claim.
Teleserve Hours of Operation:
Please note that at times you may receive an automated message stating that we are unable to access our records due to system processing; if this is the case, please try again later.
- Online: http://www.dlt.ri.gov/ui/teleserve.htm
- Anytime Sunday through Friday.
- Phone: (401) 243-9600
- Monday through Friday from 3:00p.m. to 5:00p.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. and
- Anytime Sunday
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about Teleserve