Unemployment Insurance, RI Dept. of Labor and Training
  • DLT
  • Labor Market Information
  • Temporary Disability
  • Unemployment Insurance
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Workforce Development
  • Workforce Regulation and Safety
DLT homeEqual OpportunityOnline NewsroomSitemapRules and RegsPublicationsFormsDirectionsContact DLT
LMI HomeData CenterLMI for JobseekersLMI for BusinessLMI PublicationsWagesLicensed OccupationsLMI News ReleasesFAQsContact LMI
TDI homeFile a TDI ClaimElectronic Payment CardQualified Healthcare ProvidersTDI for employersTDI FormsTDI FAQsContact TDI
UI homeFile a UI ClaimAccess AccountTeleserveElectronic Payment CardsUI for EmployersExtended BenefitsUI FAQsContact UI
WC HomeEducationDonley CenterInjured WorkerEmployerInsurer/AdjusterIndependent ContractorFormsFAQ'sContact WC
WFDS HomenetWORKriBusiness ServicesGovernor's Workforce BoardWorkforce Investment OfficeTradeYouthVeteransContact WFDS
WRS HomeProfessional RegulationApprenticeshipPrevailing WageLabor StandardsOccupational SafetyPublications and FormsContact WRS

For Employers:
Rapid Response
Trade Adjustment Act
Employer Charges

SIDES /Sides E-Response
UI Statistics
Business Services
Fax Forms
Report a New Hire
Report Fraud
Board of Review
Frequent Questions

Employers' Frequently Asked Questions

I received a Notice of Claim Filed form for a former employee but I do not agree with the reason for separation. What should I do?

Complete the form by answering all questions and indicating the reason for separation. The information provided will be reviewed and the Department will notify you if a telephone interview is necessary. You must return this form within 10 business days in order to have standing to contest any determination with respect to the individual’s claim.

Why did I receive a Notice of Claim Filed form for an employee that has not had any recent employment with my company?

If you received a Notice of Claim Filed this means that the wages this individual earned from your company are being used to establish a claim. Normally, the wages used to establish a claim consist of the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters before the starting date of the claim. The calendar quarters are:

        • January 1 through March 31
        • April 1 through June 30
        • July 1 through September 30
        • October 1 through December 31

If an individual does not meet the minimum earning requirements, we will re-compute the claim using the last four completed calendar quarters before the starting date of the claim.

How do I update my address or name on the Employer Separation Report?

You can update your name and/or address here:

Who is the chargeable employer?

The chargeable employer is the most recent base period employer for whom the claimant was separated and had worked at least four (4) weeks and earned at least $202 each week.

RI Department of Labor and Training
Center General Complex
1511 Pontiac Avenue, Cranston, RI 02920

Phone: (401) 462-8000
Fax (401) 462-8666
TTY via RI Relay: 711
12/11/18 MDF
State Seal