When will benefits be deposited into my account?
Whether you have direct deposit or the Electronic Payment Card, benefits will be deposited within 24 to 48 business hours after approval by the Department of Labor and Training.
Approval is based on monetary eligibility and medical certification from your Qualified Health Care Provider if required. You should always check your balance before using the card. You may conduct balance inquiries free of charge online at www.Key2Benefits.com OR you may call KeyBank Customer Service toll-free number, 1-866-295-2955.
Using the EPC to get cash at an ATM or Bank
You can get FREE ATM cash withdrawals at more than 40,000 in-network Allpoint, Bank Rhode Island and KeyBank ATMs nationwide. Look for the Allpoint logo at ATMs at CVS, Target, Hess, Mobil and Exxon gas stations, etc. There are 187 Allpoint locations in Rhode Island.
- You may use any out-of-network ATM to withdraw funds, however, you will be assessed $1.95 per transaction, plus any additional surcharge assessed by the ATM owner.
- When using your card at an ATM, insert the card and enter your 4-digit PIN. Each ATM may have a specific maximum withdrawal. If you need to withdraw more than the maximum ATM withdrawal allowed, see a teller at any MasterCard bank.
- Press "Withdrawal" and then "Checking."
- Follow the instructions until the transaction is completed.
- Don't forget to take your cash, your card, and your receipt.
- You may use your MasterCard EPC to perform a bank teller transaction at any MasterCard member bank free of charge. Member banks are banks that accept Mastercard and will often display the logo at branch offices.
- If you are unsure if a bank is a Mastercard member bank, simply ask the teller.
- There are 265 Mastercard member banks in Rhode Island, and you can perform your free transaction at any of these teller windows.
- When using your card at the bank teller window, present your card and tell the cashier the amount of cash you wish to receive (the teller cannot perform a balance inquiry on your account). You may be asked to show identification and sign a receipt.
Using the EPC to make purchases
Simply present your card when paying. You can use your MasterCard EPC anywhere you see the MasterCard logo displayed.
- Select debit or credit on the Point-of-Sale (POS) machine. If you select debit you will be prompted to enter your 4-digit PIN. If you select credit, you may be asked to sign the receipt.
- The money is automatically deducted from your account.
- You may also ask for cash back with your purchase (for debit transactions only) at many merchant locations.
- There is never a fee for making a purchase with your card.
Transferring the money on my EPC to my personal checking or savings account
EPC customers do not have to visit an ATM or bank teller to transfer funds from their Key2Benefits account to another account of their choice. Simply go online and complete a Card to Account Transfer, free of charge.
- Access the EPC account via Key2Benefits.com
- Click on the Card to Account Transfer link found on the navigation menu on the left side of the Key2Benefits.com web page.
- Enter the required information which includes dollar amount, account number, routing number, account type, and security code. Click Continue.
- Verify the information you entered is correct. If so, click Submit.
- It takes approximately 2 business days for funds to be transferred to the designated account.
Using the Electronic Payment Card outside of RI or in another country
You can use the EPC anywhere that accepts MasterCard or at any ATM. Click here to see the fee schedule.
Funds remaining on my Chase VISA EPC
The balance in your Chase account will not be transferred to your newly issued KeyBank account. Continue to use your Chase card until you have spent all the money in that account. DO NOT throw away your Chase card until the balance is zero. If you have misplaced your Chase card or you have questions regarding your Chase account, contact Chase Customer Service at 1-866-847-8586.