Free Tax Assistance for both Federal & State Income Tax Returns, if you income is under $54,000
dial “211” and ask for free tax assistance!
Also keep in mind if you have work income, full or part time job, odd jobs or side work, or are receiving a taxable disability pension you may qualify for the earned income tax credit which could give you up to $6,242 extra! Earned income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:
- $47,747 ($53,267 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
- $44,454 ($49,974 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
- $39,131 ($44,651 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
- $14,820 ($20,330 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
If you qualify you could receive a refundable tax credit on your 2015 return up to:
- $6,242 with three or more qualifying children
- $5,548 with two qualifying children
- $3,359 with one qualifying child
- $503 with no qualifying children
Click here to access IRS Free Tax Preparation poster.
Click here for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance List | Click here for the AARP Tax Assistance Site locator (for Seniors)