Reciprocal Approval of Out-of-State Apprentices
Apprentices registered in other states must apply for reciprocal status to do on-the-job learning hours in Rhode Island. Sponsors seeking reciprocal approval must meet Rhode Island wage and hour provisions and apprentice ratio standards. Reciprocal approval is valid for 1 year and can be renewed.
Reciprocal Application Requirements
- Copy of signed, approved Apprenticeship Agreement
- Company ratio sheet including
- list of employees with RI Licenses or for non-licensed trades, a list of employees paid as journey workers in the trade, demonstration the company meets RI ratios guidelines
- A photocopy of a valid Driver's license or other Government-Issued photo Identification
- A photocopy of the current Apprenticeship Card
- Evidence that the apprentice is registered in a program in good standing in their state of registration
Renewal Requests must include:
- A ratio sheet demonstrating that the ratio is still being met.
- Evidence that the apprentice is still registered in a program in good standing in their state of registration.
Become an Apprentice Apprenticeship Forms and Publications State Apprenticeship Programs