Reciprocal Approval of Out-of-State Apprentices
Apprentices registered in other states must apply for reciprocal status to do on-the-job learning hours in Rhode Island. Sponsors seeking reciprocal approval must meet Rhode Island wage and hour provisions and apprentice ratio standards. Reciprocal approval is valid for 6 months and can be renewed.
Reciprocal Application Requirements
- Copy of signed, approved Apprenticeship Agreement
- Company ratio sheet including
list of employees with RI Licenses or for non-licensed trades, as list of employees paid as journeyworkers in the trade demonstration the company meets RI ratios guidelines
- A photocopy of a valid Driver's license or other Government-Issued photo Identification
- A photocopy of the current Apprenticeship Card
- Evidence that the apprentice is registered in a program in good standing in their state of registration
Renewal Requests must include:
Become an Apprentice
Apprenticeship Forms and Publications State Apprenticship Progams
- A ratio sheet demonstrating that the ratio is still being met.
- Evidence that the apprentice is still registered in a program in good standing in their state of registration.
Labor Market Info | Temporary Disability/Caregivers | Unemployment | Workers' Comp | Workforce Development | Workforce Regulation Safety
DLT is an equal opportunity employer/program - auxiliary aids and services available upon request. TTY via RI Relay: 711